DEERDANA EST 2010 NYC | Shop tees, totes and more | Wolrdwide shipping
* Depicted in this t-shirt is a chimpanzee named Bullet. His right arm was amputated due to a bad infection from a bullet fragment that hit him when his mother was shot by a poacher. Bullet was then used in decades of harmful research in Liberia, Africa by the New York Blood Center (NYBC) and later abandoned—along with more than 60 other chimpanzees—by NYBC in March of 2015.
* Chimpanzees, who can live to be 60 years old, are highly social beings, just like humans. Social interactions are essential in a chimp's development, learning and overall wellbeing.
* Chimpanzees are endangered. Their population—once in the millions—is now estimated to only be 150,000-250,000. The main threats to their survival are habitat destruction, hunting, and disease.
* DEERDANA proudly supports the efforts of The Humane Society of the United States and Humane Society International in helping to create a sanctuary for the chimpanzees in Liberia, Africa, who were abandoned by the New York Blood Center. This effort will also benefit chimpanzees who are victims of the illegal wildlife trade in the country.
* Special thanks to Kate Mara & Rooney Mara!